Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My Favorite Spot


This is my favorite spot.
See, we live in a city. There's not much to see for a dog in the city. We have a yard outside, but a lot of it isn't the grassy stuff I like to run in. So I prefer to stay in the house, close to Mommy. When she was pregnant with my little human brother, she had to quit work early, because of something called a high-risk-pregnancy. I just knew that she had to really watch her eating and energy level. Well, that's fine by me. We would spend lots of quality time together. One of my favorite time with Mommy is spent here on the window seat.

We had a special time everyday.
We had squirrels running wild in the back yard. After breakfast, Mommy would cut up some food for those sneaky bottle brush-tailed rascals, put it outside of the window seat, and then we'd sit and watch.


These squirrels are different from the ones I knew back in the 'States. These won't eat nuts, and they live in a coconut tree! Yes, we live in the tropics... and these squirrels just had to go about with their tropical way of living-coconut huts, HA! They love eating tropical fruits like bananas, papayas, guavas, and oranges. I think they have a sweet tooth.

Mommy and I would patiently wait 'till one of 'em rascals show up. And I would always sense them first. I'm a great squirrel-spotter! Mommy always tells me to be quiet and watch, but sometimes I just can't hold it anymore, my muscles twitch, and I just bark at them. I was telling them that I could jump off and snatch one of them! But of course they just snicker at me, 'cause they know I can't climb their tree. So there I rest, and watch the rascally squirrels, and dream of catching one of them one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment