Friday, February 19, 2010

On the Run

Meet baby K.

 
Little drooly, wiggly, squirmy human baby. Loves to investigate. Can be loud and screechy at times.

He wasn't so mobile 8 months ago... when Mom and Dad came home with him one day.
He wasn't too much in my way back then. At about five months ago, things started changing. Mommy tried to help me get to know him, by allowing him to look at me, and sometimes, touch the tips of my hair. I didn't mind it, as long as our encounters were kept brief. I did notice that he seemed to be fascinated by me and my other hairy sister.

When he turned six months, Mommy came home with a great big package. I helped her sniff it and open it up. It was a bright-colored baby seater with wheels, that Mommy called a walker. Then Daddy put the baby in it.
You should have seen the light that sparked in baby K's eyes. It was like a light bulb had turned on inside. Suddenly it clicked that he could move his little legs and walk around. Well, it was walk for only about a week. 

By the end of the month, he was on the tips of his toes, zooming past everything.
And his favorite thing to do? Why, chase me of course!! By the end of the month, I was running everywhere!
First this baby invaded my spot on the couch with Mommy. 
And now with this walker, he has invaded my floor space! 
Aaaah! Look at him spot me!

 

Now I'm constantly on the move. I can't really lounge around peacefully like I used  to be able to.
Really, the safest place is in the safety of my own cubby under Mommy's bed, on the breakfast nook, or underneath the dining table. He can't go past the legs... HA!
Look at him about to smack me!!

 

Just kidding...

Mommy said we'll be best pals soon... 
I doubt that... maybe, yeah, we'll see.
I hope.

For now, I gotta run!

No comments:

Post a Comment